2021-2022 Season Information: Registration Open
The 2021-2022 hockey season is almost here - and we couldn't be more excited to welcome all players back to the arena!
Based on information provided by the Ontario Women’s Hockey Association, Hockey Canada and governments like the Province of Ontario and City of Barrie, we expect the 2021-2022 season to resemble a more typical hockey season. While we anticipate the many modifications that were required last season will not be needed again this year, patience and flexibility are still going to be very important as new restrictions or protocols could be imposed, and things may change from time to time.
At this time, we are planning for a competitive season that looks like this:
- Competitive tryouts for all levels in September
- U9 and U11 divisions will begin with common development sessions in September for both House League and Competitive players
- Practices will begin for each Competitive Team within one week of final selections for that team - see individual team schedules on BWHA.ca
- Practice schedules in September may be irregular as the BWHA, and all ice user groups, work to organize schedules with reduced arena availability
- Regular practice schedules are targeted to begin in the first week of October (i.e. regular weekly or rotating schedules at the same times/locations)
- League play against regional teams targeted to begin by the end of October. A new Ontario Women’s Hockey League (operated by the OWHA) will be in place for our Competitive Teams and should be very similar to past Lower Lakes Female Hockey League seasons. While full details are not yet known, we are using an estimate of 16-18 regular season games per team for planning our season.
- Our House League Teams will once again play in the Simcoe-Muskoka Girls Hockey League against team from Collingwood, Midland, Huntsville and Orillia.
- Adult Women's House League will begin in October, and will run Sunday nights through March, 2022.
- Tournaments may begin by the end of October. We are planning for Sharkfest to take place as scheduled, November 19 to 21, 2021. Tournaments may be subject to regional restrictions - more information will come from the OWHA.
- Planning is underway for both the 2022 Provincial Championships, and an event to replace the former Lower Lakes Championships, and we anticipate playoffs/playdowns for these events to begin in early 2022.
Important Note: while we will be "returning to normal" in many ways, there are many new changes from past years for the upcoming 2021-2022 seasons. Please review all of the information provided on the following pages in detail:
For questions about the Competitive Program, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions about the House League Program, contact email@example.com.
For questions about the Adult Women's League Program, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.