Adult Women's League: Fall 2020 Program Info
NOTE: REGISTRATION CLOSED FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 25, 2020
Player Health & Safety Measures:
The BWHA’s 2020-21 Competitive Season will fully comply with all restrictions and regulations provided by the Ontario Government, the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit, the City of Barrie, the Ontario Women’s Health Association, and Hockey Canada. Strict measures will be taken to ensure the health and safety of players, parents, coaches, and other volunteers, including:
- All on-ice activities limited to 25 participants.
- Using “Bubble Leagues“ with a maximum of 50 players to limit the participants our players and coaches will come into contact with
- Strict facility entry protocols, including self-screening of all participants
- Comprehensive records of player participation in games and practices, to assist with contact tracing if required
- A detailed plan for how we will respond to any suspected, probable, or potential Covid-19 cases
- Modified games rules (as defined by the OWHA) will be used to limit/reduce physical contact
For more details on the procedures and protocols we will follow, please review the BWHA’s Return to Hockey Plan.
Before deciding to register, please recognize that this will not be a normal hockey season.
2020-21 Season Info and Fees:
This year, our Adult Women's House League will be broken into 2 Seasons, with separate registrations and payments:
|Season 1: |
October through December 2020
|Season 2: |
January through March 2021
|Games ||Fees ||Games ||Fees |
|9 ||$375 ||9 ||$150 |
- IF LATE REGISTRATIONS ARE ACCEPTED, A $50 LATE FEE WILL BE ADDED.
- A Surcharge will be added to any player registering for Season 2 that did not register for Segment 1 (Amount to be confirmed)
- Women’s House League registration for Segment 1 (October through December 2020) will be open from Monday September 14th, 2020 through Friday September 25th, 2020 at 11:59pm
- There will be a hard cut off date for registration, so that final planning and team assignment can be completed before the beginning of Segment 1 for the 2020-2021 season.
- A maximum of 96 registrations are available to participate in Segment 1. This would include 88 skaters and 8 goalies.
- If registration is not maximized by the hard cut off date of September 25th, 2020, the BWHA will post an update requesting additional players to fill the maximum number allotted for Segment 1 of the 2020/2021 season.
- The cost for registration after the hard cut off date of September 25th, 2020 will incur an additional $50/player (including goalies) on top of the set Segment 1 registration fee.
- The BWHA has set up the 2020-2021 Women’s House League season into 2 segments, with separate registration occurring for both segments. The registration fees for both segments have been set, based on obtaining the maximum 96 players per segment. If the maximum number of players is not reached, the BWHA may adjust the number of players per team and/or the number of games per segment to keep the registration fees in line with the costs to facilitate the Women’s House League.
- Segment 1 registration costs will be $375/player
- Segment 1 will run from October through December 2020
- Currently set for 9 games @ 50 minutes per game
- Segment 2 registration costs: for returning players from Segment 1 will be $150/player
- these players would have already covered their portion of the BWHA fixed costs within their Segment 1 registration fees
- Those players who have participated in Segment 1, will have first access to registration for Segment 2
- For players who did not register in Segment 1 but wish to play in Segment 2, the registration cost will be $375/player.
- This would cover the fixed BWHA costs such as: overhead, jerseys, OWHA insurance, OWHA ITR, etc.
- Segment 2 will run from January through March 2021
- Currently set for 9 games @ 50 minutes per game
- Registrations will be date/time stamped and will be confirmed on a first in basis, assuming payments in full have been completed prior to registration closing
- Once registration is closed, registration will be confirmed and those players will be selected into 2 bubbles, consisting of 48 players (including goalies) per bubble
- Within these bubbles, teams will be formed for game play purposes.
- Players selected to that bubble are not eligible to move between bubbles or serve as alternative player in the other bubble (including goalies)
- Players may serve as an alternative player for another team in their bubble (including goalies)
- If our maximum registration number per segment of 96 players (88 skaters and 8 goalies) is reached, 4 teams of 12 players per team (including a goalie), will be placed into a bubble.
- If the maximum registration per segment cannot be reached, the BWHA will look to form bubbles of 3 teams with no more than 16 players per team (including a goalie)
- Weekly game hours would then be reduced from 4 hours to 3 hours and the scheduled number of games would be modified.
- This may result in an adjustment to costs/player, but that would need to be determined once registration has been finalized.
- A $30 “Non-Resident Fee” is charged by the City of Barrie for all residents, who do not reside in Barrie or Springwater Township. This fee will be collected at the time of registration, and will be passed to the City of Barrie. This fee is above and beyond the stated registration fee for either segment and a player is only responsible to pay this fee once (i.e.: if the player played in Segment 1 and paid this fee, they would not have to pay this fee in Segment 2)
Please click here for details on the BWHA’s refund policy for the 2020-2021 season.
Other important information:
- All games will be scheduled and played on Sunday evenings
- Games start times are scheduled for 7pm, 8pm, 9pm and 10pm
- Games will be played at the Sadlon Arena (previously Barrie Molson Centre)
- All games are sanctioned under Hockey Canada, through the OWHA
- All players are insured under the Hockey Canada Insurance plan, through the OWHA
- Once a player is registered to the BWHA Women’s House League, they are not permitted to participate in any “unsanctioned” game play. There is a zero-tolerance focus placed on this guideline. A player found to be participating in “unsanctioned” game play will have their BWHA registration voided and forfeit all fees paid to the BWHA.
- While decisions on the game play format has not been finalized, it is likely that modified game play (4 on 4, running time, no penalties, etc.) will be required, under OWHA, City of Barrie and SMDHU guidelines through at least October. As guidelines are updated and/or modified, the BWHA will inform the Women’s House League of these changes, with hopes to move to a 5on5 “regular” game play scenario if/when permitted.
- The City of Barrie and the SMDHU are working diligently to accommodate the availability of change rooms and/or designated areas for changing, for players of all genders. The BWHA membership would benefit from this accommodation. At this time, the BWHA cannot say with a definitive response, whether change rooms will be available but we are working with the City of Barrie to see this accommodation request fulfilled.
- If designated areas for changing are not made available, the BWHA will communicate the process for player arrival to the arena and preparation for game play.
Applicable to ALL BWHA registered players in 2020 - 2021:
- Please remember and strictly adhere to the public health guidance for social distancing, hand hygiene, mask usage and all other requirements (especially all facility specific requirements). This is paramount to protect vulnerable players, staff and family members. Disregarding public health related guidance will lead to consequences, up to the exclusion from BWHA programming for the 2020-2021 season.
- Despite the best efforts of all our volunteers, the BWHA cannot guarantee the safety of our members and their families, so the ultimate decision to assume any risks related to contracting COVID-19 lies with the registered individual.
- Please note that programming could change, based on the OWHA, City of Barrie and SMDHU guidance. We hope for positive developments eventually allowing for regular 5-on-5 play but must brace for renewed restrictions and possible orders to limit or cease game play, if a second wave of Covid-19 was to take hold.
- Registered players will be informed of any changes, as soon as the OWHA determines that the requirements for each stage are reached.
- Please review our Covid-19 Protocols including our Return to Hockey Plan.
- You are strongly urged to read this plan, understand it and abide by it.
- If you are unsure about any portion of the plan, do not make assumptions but rather, as the BWHA for clarification or guidance
- This plan will be strictly enforced and any deviation from this plan by registered players, staff or volunteers may/will result in removal from the BWHA for the 2020 - 2021 season.
If you have questions about our Adult Women's League program, please email email@example.com.