The BWHA’s 2020-21 Competitive Season will fully comply with all restrictions and regulations provided by the Ontario Government, the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit, the City of Barrie, the Ontario Women’s Health Association, and Hockey Canada. Strict measures will be taken to ensure the health and safety of players, parents, coaches, and other volunteers, including:
- All on-ice activities limited according to restrictions in place at the time (25 participants while in Green, Yellow or Orange Levels - 10 participants while in Red Level)
- Using “Bubble Leagues“ with a maximum of 50 players to limit the participants our players and coaches will come into contact with (when permitted by Covid response framework)
- Strict facility entry protocols, including self-screening of all participants
- Comprehensive records of player participation in games and practices, to assist with contact tracing if required
- A detailed plan for how we will respond to any suspected, probable, or potential Covid-19 cases
- Modified games rules (as defined by the OWHA) will be used to limit/reduce physical contact
For more details on the procedures and protocols we will follow, please review the BWHA's Return to Hockey Plan.
UPDATE: while we are operating under the Red Level Covid-19 Response Framework, important new protocols are in place. Please review our Covid-19 Red Level Protocols document in detail.
Important Covid-19 Documents:
The following information highlights some of the Covid-19 Protocols that must be followed by parents and players at all times when attending BWHA team activities this season:
- The RAMP Team App must be used to complete a Covid-19 Health Check Screening within 24-hours of each hockey activity.
- Arrive and be ready to enter the facility 15 minutes ahead of time. Early entry, and late entry, will not be allowed.
- Dressing rooms will only be provided in Green, Yellow and Orange Level. Players may arrive dressed and ready to go, but please do not dress in the parking lot.
- Dressing rooms will NOT be provided in Red Level. Players must arrive dressed and ready to go, with the exception of skates, gloves and helmet.
- Masks must always be worn inside and outside the facilities.
- It is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED that coaches and players wear masks on the ice wherever possible. Masks must remain on up to the point when helmets are put on immediately before taking the ice. Masks must be put back on as soon as helmets are removed after leaving the ice.
- Parents will not be permitted into the facility. Players will be escorted to dressing rooms and will be supervised at all times. Volunteers will assist with skate tying, where required.
- Activities in the dressing room will be limited to preparing for hockey activities (dressing), ad undressing afterward. Social distancing (2 metres, 6 feet) must be maintained at all times. Horse play will not be permitted. Participants may not leave the dressing room until directed by a team official.
For more important details on the processes and procedures to be followed, please review our Covid-19 Red Level Protocols document in detail.