U22-A Competitive Team Tryout Dates Announced
Tryouts for our U22-A Competitive Team will be held on the following days:
|Session ||Date ||Start ||End Time ||Arena |
|Tryout #1 ||Thu-Sep-08-2022 ||8:00 PM ||9:30 PM ||East Bayfield-Purple |
|Tryout #2 ||Sun-Sep-11-2022 ||8:00 PM ||9:00 PM ||East Bayfield-Green |
|Tryout #3 ||Wed-Sep-14-2022 ||9:00 PM ||10:00 PM ||Allandale RC - Blue |
Tryouts are free, but all participants must register in advance through our registration system - select the U22-A Competitive Tryouts option: http://BarrieWHA.rampregistrations.com
Tryout Registration will close on Monday, September 5, 2022 at 11:59PM
Interested players who are not able to attend all 3 tryouts should register and contact Head Coach Todd Clarke at email@example.com
2022-2023 Competitive Season Overview
- Pre-Season: 4-6 preseason practices scheduled in September - roughly 2 per week. Some exhibition games may also be added. Click here for the U22-A September schedule.
- League Play: October 2022 to February 2023, followed by playoffs and championships for those teams that qualify. Exact league format for the 2022-2023 season will be confirmed in September, but likely to include 22 to 26 league games. Most home games will be played Saturday evenings at East Bayfield Community Centre.
- Practices: A 90-minute practice scheduled late evening, every-other Wednesday from October 5 onward. Practices will take place at East Bayfield Community Centre. Opponents are typically located in the Central Ontario area and Greater Toronto.
- Tournaments: this team does not play tournaments
- Post-Season: League playoffs in February and Championships in March 2023. This team will also play in the 2023 Provincial Championships - scheduled for April 13-16, 2023 in the Toronto area.
2022-2023 Competitive Fees
Registration fees for our U22-A teams are $1,200 for the 2022-2023 season.
Association fees are paid directly by each player to the BHWA. These are the fees paid through the BWHA’s online registration system. Your association fees cover the basic and common expenses for each team, including:
- Base ice allocated to each team (estimated to be 45 hours for this team)
- Base referee assignments (15 home games)
- Use of competitive team jerseys for the season, and two pairs of game socks for each player
- OWHA and league registration costs and insurances
- Association overhead and administrative costs.
- An additional $30 “Non-Resident Fee” is charged by the City of Barrie for all players who do not reside in Barrie or Springwater Township. This fee is collected at the time of registration and passed on to the City of Barrie.
Players will be asked to register and pay an initial $600 fee in September, once selected to the team. The remaining $600 balance will be due November 15, 2022.
Final team expenses will be reconciled at the end of the season, with any balance remaining collected from players or surplus refunded.
- Competitive registrations include a $365 amount that covers each player’s portion of league overhead and administration costs (including some of the items listed above). This portion of the registration fee is 100% non-refundable once the season begins.
- Please review the BWHA’s refund policy for more information.
- Players born in born in 2001 through 2005 who are not already registered to a competitive team for the 2022-2023 season are eligible for the U22-A team.
- Players who were registered with another OWHA association for the 2021-2022 season (or before) will require a valid Permission to Skate form issued by the current or last association. See our Permission to Skate form for more information.
- If selected to our U22-A competitive team registration with the BWHA will trigger a release from the player’s previous association and the transfer of their membership to the BWHA. Players must ensure that all requirements for release from their previous association are met.
- Players who have previously played with an Ontario Minor Hockey Association team are eligible to tryout for registration, with no further action required, so long as they have never been registered with an OWHA association - otherwise a Permission to Skate form is required.
Questions? Need more information?
For questions about the 2022-23 U22-A team please contact Head Coach Todd Clarke at firstname.lastname@example.org