2021-22 House League - U13, U15 and U18
U13, U15, U18 Season Start:
- Pre-evaluation development skates for U13 and U15 players will be held the weekend of September 25, 2021.
- Evaluation skates for U13, U15 and U18 will be held the weekend of October 2, 2021. Please see our Start of Season page for the Evaluation Session schedule and player assignments.
- Team formation and player assignment will take place the week of October 3, 2021.
- Team practices and games will begin the weekend of October 9, 2021
Registration Deadlines: All Levels
Advance registration is required - players not registered by the following deadlines may not be permitted to participate:
Tryout Registration Deadline
Sunday, September 25, 2021 - 11:59PM
Sunday, September 18, 2021 - 11:59PM
Sunday, September 18, 2021 - 11:59PM
NOTE: players participating in Competitive Tryouts who are not selected to a team will be permitted an extended opportunity to register for house league beyond the deadlines above. (September 25 for U13, U15 and September 27 for U18)
2021-22 House League Overview & Fees (U13, U15, U18)
2004 / 2005 / 2006
26 + Championship Day
2007 / 2008
16 + Championship Day
2009 / 2010
16 + Championship Day
- Registration amounts include a $12.71 credit from Hockey Canada, related to 2020-21 season insurance adjustments.
- An additional $30 “Non-Resident Fee” is charged by the City of Barrie for all players who do not reside in Barrie or Springwater Township. This fee is collected at the time of registration and passed on to the City of Barrie.
House League Player Eligibility:
- All House League players must participate in the scheduled Evaluation Skates. (Health exceptions for those unable to participate will be considered on a case-by-case basis - please contact email@example.com for more info)
- In accordance with Hockey Canada’s U9 and U11 Development Pathways, players in these levels will participate in 4 development sessions before the start of Competitive tryouts. These sessions will be for all players - both Competitive and House League - and will be run by our Competitive and House League coaches. Players must participate in all 4 sessions to be eligible for Competitive tryouts.
- House League registration is open to ALL players, regardless of the association they were registered with or the level they played in the 2020-2021 season.
- Non-BWHA players: any player who was a member of another OWHA association or team in 2020-21 (or before) will require a valid release from their former association. Registration with the BWHA will trigger a release from the player’s previous association and transfer of their membership to the BWHA. Players must ensure that all requirements for release from their previous association are met.
- Players who have previously played with an Ontario Minor Hockey Association team are eligible for registration, with no further action required, so long as they have never been registered with an OWHA association - otherwise a release will be required.
- Hockey Canada has directed for the 2021-22 season that no player will be permitted to be a member of two hockey branches - therefore players who register with an OWHA organization will not be permitted to register or play with an OMHA team, and vice versa. Any player who registers with an OMHA team or association will become ineligible for membership with the BHWA or any OWHA association.
Player Health & Safety Measures:
The BWHA’s 2021-22 season will fully comply with all restrictions and regulations provided by the Ontario Government, the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit, the City of Barrie, the Ontario Women’s Hockey Association, and Hockey Canada. Health and safety measures may be instituted to ensure the health and safety of players, parents, coaches, officials and other volunteers. These could include:
- Health screenings, and/or the collection of participant heath information
- Procedures to follow will individual are ill and/or test positive for Covid-19
- Restrictions on certain activities, or modified game rules
- Limitations on group sizes
- Specific directions on facility use, including facility entry protocols, dressing room usage, etc.
- Modified games rules (as defined by the OWHA) will be used to limit/reduce physical contact
Specifics on the measures and procedures in place will be provided before the start of the season and updated throughout as circumstances change. By registering, participants will acknowledge that some circumstances may change, and they will agree to always follow all protocols and directions.
- House League registrations include an amount that covers each player’s portion of league overhead and administration costs - including: association expenses (rent, salaries, etc.); OWHA registration and Hockey Canada insurance for players and team officials; jerseys and socks for each player. ($245 for U13, U15, U18).
- Again this year, the BWHA remains committed to refunding players for any unfinished portion of the season should circumstances not allow our 2021-22 season to be completed as planned. It is important to understand that once the season begins, the amounts noted above for overhead and administration will be 100% non-refundable
- Refunds will not be provided for where a player opts to withdraw once the season has started, or due to injury.
- Please review the BWHA’s refund policy for the 2021-2022 season.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Where are House League games played?
Our U13, U15 and U18 House League teams play in the Simcoe Muskoka Girls Hockey League, which includes teams from Huntsville, Orillia, Midland, Collingwood and Barrie. With multiple BWHA teams in each level, normally 60-70% of all games for BWHA teams are played in Barrie. The BWHA schedules games at all Barrie-area arenas, including some games at Stroud Community Centre, and Innisfil Recreation Complex.
When are House League games and practices?
The season typically starts with practices and development skates before the league game schedule begins. Once the regular schedule settles in, teams typically have two ice times per week - one practice and one game. Divisions play on the following days of the week:
- U13: primarily weekends, with some Monday evenings.
- U15: primarily weekends, with some Friday and Monday evenings.
- U18: weekends and Friday and Monday evenings
When will the full season schedule be released?
House League pre-season development activities will begin in September, as detailed above. Team activities will begin the weekend of October 8, 2021 (Thanksgiving weekend). The full season schedule will be provided in September 2021.
How long is the season? When is Championship weekend?
- The House League season will run until March 2022. Championship weekend is scheduled for Sunday, March 27, 2022.
Will House League play on Thanksgiving weekend?
- The ice season is too short, and there are not enough weekends between October and March to complete our full regular season schedule if we don't play on Thanksgiving weekend. Games and practices will be scheduled as usual on Thanksgiving weekend, including Sunday afternoon and Monday evening.
Will House League play during the Christmas season?
- Games and practices may be scheduled up to and including Monday, December 20, 2021
- Games and practices will NOT be scheduled between December 20 and January 2, 2021
- Games and practices may resume starting January 3, 2022.
What about tournaments?
- Our House League teams play a maximum of 3 tournaments per season - including our Sharkfest tournament. Each team determines their own tournament schedule, which is set by the head coach after discussion with parents and players. Tournament registration fees - including Sharkfest - are NOT included in registration fees. Each team will collect tournament registration fees directly from parents.
When is Sharkfest?
- All House League teams in all divisions will be registered in Sharkfest 2021 which will be held November 19 to 21, 2021. Following OWHA rules, tournament schedules are released two weeks before the event. All teams should plan to play the morning of Friday, November 19.
Click here to register for the 2021-2022 House League Season.
NOTE: players who are not residents of the City of Barrie or Springwater Township must also choose the NON-RESIDENT FEE package when registering. Failure to select this package where required could result in late fees or other penalties.
Other Questions about the 2021-2022 House League season?
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please register through our online system.
NOTE: players who are not residents of the City of Barrie or Springwater Township must also choice the NON-RESIDENT FEE package when registering. Failure to select this package where required could result in late fees or other penalties.
Questions? Need more information?
For questions about our 2021-2022 House League program, please email email@example.com