Adult Women's League: 2021-22 Season Info
NOTE: REGISTRATION CLOSES FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 24, 2021 AT 11:59PM
- Registration costs will be $480/player
- Registration covers 19 weeks of ice, officiating fees, use of jerseys, OWHA registration fees, Hockey Canada insurance, and overhead costs to the BWHA etc.
- Teams are welcome to submit sponsors for consideration to lower fees.
Other Important Information:
- All games will be scheduled and played on Sunday evenings
- Games start times are scheduled for 7pm, 8pm, 9pm and 10pm
- Games will be played at the Sadlon Arena (previously Barrie Molson Centre)
- All games are sanctioned under Hockey Canada, through the OWHA
- Depending on numbers, the league will be either a 6 team or an 8 team league.
- Plans are being made to assign players to a team following evaluation games that will take place on October 17.
- If you are interested in being a team captain, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- All players are insured under the Hockey Canada Insurance plan, through the OWHA
- Once a player is registered to the BWHA Women’s House League, they are not permitted to participate in any “unsanctioned” game play. There is a zero-tolerance focus placed on this guideline. A player found to be participating in “unsanctioned” game play will have their BWHA registration voided and forfeit all fees paid to the BWHA.
- Currently, the game format is regular 5 on 5 hockey.
Player Health & Safety Measures:
The BWHA’s 2021-22 season will fully comply with all restrictions and regulations provided by the Ontario Government, the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit, the City of Barrie, the Ontario Women’s Hockey Association, and Hockey Canada. Health and safety measures may be instituted to ensure the health and safety of players, parents, coaches, officials and other volunteers. These could include:
- Health screenings, and/or the collection of participant health information
- Procedures to follow will individual are ill and/or test positive for Covid-19
- Restrictions on certain activities, or modified game rules
- Limitations on group sizes
- Specific directions on facility use, including facility entry protocols, dressing room usage, etc.
- Modified games rules (as defined by the OWHA) will be used to limit/reduce physical contact
Specifics on the measures and procedures in place will be provided before the start of the season and updated throughout as circumstances change. By registering, participants will acknowledge that some circumstances may change, and they will agree to always follow all protocols and directions.
- House League registrations include an amount that covers each player’s portion of league overhead and administration costs - including: association expenses (rent, salaries, etc.); OWHA registration and Hockey Canada insurance for players and team officials; jerseys and socks for each player.
- Again this year, the BWHA remains committed to refunding players for any unfinished portion of the season should circumstances not allow our 2021-22 season to be completed as planned. It is important to understand that once the season begins, the amounts noted above for overhead and administration will be 100% non-refundable
- Refunds will not be provided for where a player opts to withdraw once the season has started, or due to injury.
- Please review the BWHA’s refund policy for the 2021-2022 season.
- Women’s House League registration deadline: Friday September 24th, 2021 at 11:59pm
- When registering, please rate yourself from 1 to 5 (1 being a beginner, and 5 being an experienced competitive player.
- Online registration only - please click here to access our online registration system.
- NOTE: players who are not residents of the City of Barrie or Springwater Township must also choose the NON-RESIDENT FEE package when registering. Failure to select this package where required could result in late fees or other penalties.
If you have questions about our Adult Women's League program, please email email@example.com.